Sinasir is a Northern Nigerian (Hausa) rice recipe fried like pancakes. It is prepared with the soft variety of rice, the type used for Tuwo Shinkafa.
Ingredients for Sinasir
- 180g soft rice for Tuwo
- A handful cooked rice
- ½ teaspoon yeast
- 1 small onion
- Sugar (to taste)
- 2 pinches of salt
- Vegetable oil: for frying
Before you cook the Sinasir
- Soak the 180g of soft rice for 3 to 4 hours.
- Boil some rice that will be equivalent to a handful when done.
- Cut the onions into tiny pieces.
- Add the cooked rice to the soaked rice and blend till smooth.
- Add the yeast and allow to rise.
- Add the onions, sugar and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Set a frying pan on the stove, preferably a non-stick frying pan.
- Pour a small amount of oil into the pan.
- Once hot, pour some batter into the pan making sure it is thin like pancakes.
- Fry on medium heat till the top cakes.
- Flip to fry the other side till golden brown. You may fry only one side if you wish. Tastes delicious either way.