A former governorship aspirant in Ekiti State, Senator Gbenga Aluko, is dead.
The Ode-Ekiti-born politician was said to have died on Saturday after he collapsed in his office in Abuja.According to Television Continental, he was rushed to a hospital where he passed on.
TVC reported that one of Aluko’s aides who spoke on condition of anonymity told Radio Nigeria that Aluko was neither sick nor exhibited any symptom of sickness.
Another source disclosed that the late politician died of a heart attack. He was the son of the late economist, Professor Sam Aluko.
Aluko in 2018 contested the governorship ticket on the platform of the All Progressives Congress in Ekiti State.
Aluko popularly called “SGA” was a member of the National Assembly between 1999 and 2003 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party. He represented Ekiti South constituency during the period.
- It’ll be costly mistake for Fayemi, APC to pick candidate outside South – Commissioner
- Fayemi: I am working hard to make Ekiti Nigeria’s ICT Hub
- Ekiti govt ‘pay’ circumcisers N42m to stop FGM
- Fayemi approves constitution of Sports Development Trust Fund Board in Ekiti
- Fayemi presents 2022 Appropriation Bill to Assembly Oct. 28
- Read all related articles