Peppered Turkey Wings is a great side dish, snack and party favourite. The recipe detailed on this page is for when you just want to prepare Peppered Turkey Wings to serve as a snack with a chilled drink or as a side at a party. If you will be preparing the Peppered Turkey Wings with a Nigerian rice dish, click here.
Watch the video: Peppered Turkey Wings [Video]
Recipes Related to Peppered Turkey Wings:
Peppered Turkey Wings Ingredients
- 8 pcs turkey wings
- 1 big red bell pepper
- Small piece of green bell pepper
- 1 habanero pepper (scotch bonnet pepper)
- 1 red onion
- Vegetable oil
- Seasonings (add to your taste)
- 2 big seasoning cubes
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp White pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
Before you prepare Peppered Turkey Wings
- Wash all the peppers and onion, chop and separate into 3 batches like so:
- ½ onion chopped for seasoning the peppered turkey.
- A tiny piece of red bell pepper + a tiny piece of green bell pepper + the habanero pepper + ¼ onion finely chopped for the peppered turkey wings.
- The rest of the red bell pepper + ¼ onion blended for the peppered turkey wings.
See the video below for how I did that.
- Clean the turkey wings.
Directions for making the Peppered Turkey Wings
- Put the turkey wings into a pot, add some of the onions (1a above), garlic powder, ginger powder, white pepper, thyme and seasoning cubes.
- Mix very well, cover and let it steam on medium heat.
- When the turkey wings are pale all over, add a little bit of water, cover and start cooking on medium heat. Cook for about 15 minutes, topping up the water when necessary but keep the water in the pot as small as possible at all times. Click here for what to do here when preparing this Peppered Turkey Wings with a rice dish.
- When done, keep cooking till all the water dries up without burning. Take them out and grill/broil in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius or 400F till golden all over.
- Pour the blended peppers and onion (1c above) into a clean dry pot pot and boil till all the water dries up.
- Add the vegetable oil into the boiled pepper, fry to a bit and add the chopped peppered and onions (1b above). Fry for about 3 minutes, add the curry powder and some salt to taste. Stir very well.
- Add the grilled/broiled turkey wings and mix till every turkey wing is coated with the pepper sauce.