Couscous is a North African dish of small steamed granules of rolled durum wheat semolina that is traditionally served with a stew spooned on top. It is pasta made from semolina flour mixed with water.
For vegetable lovers, the vegetable couscous recipe is a great way to enjoy the meal. Also, it is garnished with ingredients that are beneficial to your health.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (rodo)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- Pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Slice the celery, carrots, onion and peppers in the oil for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the basil, garlic salt, ground pepper, ground pepper and pepper sauce.
- Stir properly while adding the couscous.
- Add the chicken broth and allow to boil.
- Cover it, then remove it from the heat; let stand for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve as desired.
Goat meat jollof rice is a different twist to the party jollof rice we all know and love. Goat meat jollof rice adds that rich…
If you want to go on a low-carb diet, the Keto Bitterleaf soup recipe is perfect for you. It doesn’t have any starchy components…
Bell peppers also known as sweet peppers belong to the nightshade family along with aubergine, tomatoes and potatoes which are native to Central and South America.…
Are you looking for creative ways to cook your spaghetti? Well, we got you covered. Spaghetti is one of the most common kinds of pasta…
Who doesn’t want to eat something different every once in a while? If you like to try out new and interesting recipes, then you should…