The following is the recipe for the easiest Fried Rice you will ever cook and it is so tasty. It is prepared with ingredients you always have at home in the fridge, freezer or pantry.
Recipes Related to Easy Nigerian Fried Rice:
Easy Fried Rice Ingredients
- 3 cups long grain parboiled rice
- 1 whole hard chicken (cut into pieces)
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 carrots
- Sweet corn
- 1 sweet pepper (fresh paprika)
- ½ cup sweet corn
- ½ cup green peas
- 4 hot dogs (frankfurters)
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 2 bulbs of onions
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme
Notes on the Easy Fried Rice Ingredients
- You can replace any ingredient you do not like above with what a similar ingredient you like.
Before you prepare Easy Fried Rice
- Dice one of the onions and chop the other one.
- Scrape, dice and blanch the carrots.
- Dice the hotdogs and fresh paprika.
Directions for making the Easy Fried Rice
- Precook the rice by adding it to a pot of boiling water and cooking it for 7 minutes maximum.
- After 7 minutes, pour into a sieve and quickly cool it down with water and set aside.
- Clean and cook the chicken with one onion, seasoning cubes and thyme till done. The can also add salt at this time. When done, grill the chicken in the oven or deep-fry it till golden.
- Pour the chicken stock into another pot, add the curry powder, cover to boil then add the precooked rice and cook till the water dries up.
- Transfer the rice to a cool contain so it can cool down and not stuck together.
- Next, divide the rice and all the ingredients into the same number of portions. That is to say, if you divide the rice into 5 portions, divide every other ingredient into 5 portions.
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok, when it heats up, add the diced onions, fry for bit, add the diced hotdogs, fry till brown marks appear.
- Add the carrots, sweet corn and green peas, fresh paprika and fry for one minute.
- Add the first batch of the cooked rice and fry till every grain of rice gets a good fry.
- Transfer to a cool container and fry the next batch. Repeat the process till all the batches are fried.
Serve with the grilled or deep-fried chicken. Watch the video below for a visual of how to cook this.