If Minute Maid pineapple with coconut water is one of your favorite ways to rehydrate during the summer, then this homemade pineapple coconut juice is so up your alley! It’s easy to make with amazing health benefits and all you need is a few ingredients and they are in every grocery store!
Homemade Pineapple coconut juice recipe.
Pineapples and coconuts are rich in vitamins and minerals then it’s a no brainer what a combination of these two fruits would do to your body. Bonus point is that this is refined sugar free. The pineapple I used was ripe and sweet and the coconut water was also refined sugar free.
This recipe is made without a juicer. However if you do have a juicer, I share tips on how to make it with one
Related: This >>Homemade Pineapple ice cream is a must try! Be sure to check it out after making this coconut pineapple juice.
- Fresh Pineapple: You can use homemade pineapple juice, store bought or even canned pineapples. However be aware that the store bought juices and canned pineapples are likely to have some refined sugar in there.
- Coconut water
- Lime (optional)
- Sweetener (optional) you can use Honey syrup or any sugar free sweetener you like. My favorite are monkfruit with erythritol blend or Allulose. You can also use regular sugar if you prefer. However I like to reduce the amount of refined sugar we use at home as much as I can.
How to make Pineapple with coconut water juice.
This is an overview of the recipe, full recipe can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Making it without a juicer
It’s super easy to make any juice without a juicer all you need is your trusty blender and a nut bag. Follow the steps below to make it.
Wash and peel the pineapple. Cut into cubes put in blender add some coconut water and blend till smooth. You can either sieve or pour purée right into a pitcher. Pour the rest of the coconut water and serve with ice.
How to make it with a juicer
Peel pineapple and pass it through the juicer. Mix coconut water with the pineapple juice add juice from one lime if using. Serve with ice.
Sweetening the juice
If you use a very ripe and sweet pineapple, you may not need to add extra sweetener to your juice. However if you decide to sweeten it, you can use some honey simple syrup or sugar free simple syrup.
Honey simple syrup is a mix of equal amount of water and sugar. Bring to a boil and let it cool completely before adding it to your juice. I have a detailed post on how to make honey syrup. You can check it out if you need more guidance.
How to peel and cut a pineapple
Wash the pineapple, cut off the bottom so you can easily stand it up. Hold the leaves and peel the skin, by cutting from top to the bottom. When you are done, cut off the leaves and slice the pineapple to your desired shapes.
What are the benefits of this juice?
Let’s look at the individual benefits these amazing fruits then
- Coconut water is rich in vitamins like vit C and minerals like magnesium, potassium, sodium and manganese
- It hydrates the body and may help to prevent kidney stones.
- Still on hydration, coconut water helps to replenish lost electrolyte after exercise.
- Pineapples are loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- They contain a group of digestive enzymes that aid digestion
- They may have anti cancer properties
Recipe notes and tips
- If you are looking to use the store bought pineapples in a can, 1 Medium sized pineapple is equivalent to two 20oz cans of pineapple chunks.
- I like to use viva coco coconut water. It makes my life easier and I can get a larger amount of coconut water. You can use fresh coconut water if you prefer.
- The viva coco coconut water seems to have a tiny bit of added sugar to it. You might want to consider that if you wants a completely refined sugar free drink.
Your frequently asked questions answered!
Pineapple and coconut on their own have a wealth of health benefits. Those benefits are ofcourse all in your homemade juice.
Pineapple coconut juice is simple pineapple juice mixed with coconut milk or water
If you don’t really like the taste of coconut water, adding juices like orange juice, pineapple juice etc can enhance the taste for you. Also coconut water tastes amazing with fresh fruits as seen in Tiktok’s viral nature’s cereal.
Even good things should be taken in moderation. If you are taking homemade pineapple which is free from refined sugar you can get away with a taking it at least 3 times a week. However this will also depend on your lifestyle for instance if you are on a very low carb or keto diet, pineapples are off the menu.
More Juice & Drink Recipes
- Orange juice:
- Watermelon juice
- Mango juice
- Cucumber juice
- Brazilian lemonade
- Nigerian Chapman
- Celery juice
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Pineapple coconut juice
- 1 medium ripe pineapple (Substitute with 2 (20 oz) cans of pineapple chunks)
- 2 (500 ml) Juice boxes of Coconut water
- ½ Cup Honey syrup (optional)
- 1 lime (optional)
Wash and cut up pineapple
Make it without a juicer
Add pineapple chunks to jar of a blender, and blend till smooth. Feel free to add some coconut water to help the blender move freely if necessary.
If you like a really smooth juice, squeeze pineapple purée with nut bag before transferring into a jug.
Pour the rest of the coconut water in, add the lime juice and chill for an hour before serving or serve immediately with ice cubes.
With a juicer
Put the pineapple chunks into the feeder chute of the juicer. The juicer will separate the juice from the chaff, so you won’t need a nut bag
After Juicing,pour juice into a pitcher, add coconut water and juice from the lime. Chill and serve.