If you try air fryer tater tots, you are never going back to reheating your Tater tots in the oven or microwave again! Making crispy tater tots in air fryer requires no extra oil since the puffs are actually pre fried then frozen. Dear friend, your game day snacks just got a delicious upgrade!
Tater tots in Air fryer? Oh yeah!
Making Tater tots or puffs right in your air fryer produces perfect crisper puffs that taste like these were made from scratch and deep fried.
My kids love air fried puffs so much I let them make it themselves with little supervision. That’s one of the fun things about having an air fryer.
The kiddos can make some of their favorite snacks right in there. My daughter has not only become a potato puffs pro, she is also an air fryer chicken nuggets pro!
Related: Veggie tater tots with beef sauce
Why you need to make Frozen tater tots in Air fryer
- It’s faster than making it from scratch.
- These puffs tastes just like it was deep fried (well it was actually deep fried before freezing) you are just reheating, therefore no need for more oil.
- My family loves it especially the kids! I assume you and your family love it too.
What you need!
You will need a bag of your favorite brand of frozen tater tots or puffs which is what the Aldi’s brand is called.
The puffs come salted so I don’t add extra salt. If you find that you need more salt, adjust accordingly by sprinkling some salt just before serving.
At what temperature and time do you cook Frozen tater tots in air fryer.
Higher temperatures ensure crispy foods. I air fryer these Taters at 400°F / 204°C for up to 15 mins and it comes out perfect and crispy.
How to make Air fryer Tater Tots (From Frozen)
- Place frozen Taters or puffs in the air fryer basket no need to preheat
- Set temperature to 400°F / 204°C
- Air fry for 12-15 mins.
What to serve it with
Tater tots can be served on its own dipped in your favorite dipping sauce like Ketchup, beef sauce, Cheese sauce, Fry Sauce or yum yum sauce
These can also be served as a side to salads or burgers. What’s your favorite side for your tots! Leave me a comment and let me know.
- You don’t need to preheat the air fryer to make these potato puffs. Air fryers heat up pretty quickly anyway!
- No need to use air fryer perforated parchment paper for the tots.
- I don’t spray the tots with oil. I have found I don’t need to as it crisps up well since frozen tater tots are pre-fried.
- Shake the basket half way through the cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in two or three batches if you need to.
Air fryer recipes others are loving
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Air fryer tater tots
- 1 lb Frozen tater tots
- Oil spray (optional)
Place frozen tater tots in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Set temperature to 400°F / 204°C
Air fry for 15 mins and don’t forget to shake half way through to ensure the tots cook evenly.
When the air frying cycle is complete, serve with dipping sauce of choice.