There different ways to cooking a stir fry vegetable. It all depends on how you want it to taste.
You can have the all vegetable stir fry, but for those who love meat, the Nigerian stir fry is for you.
Stir fry sauce can be eaten with rice, spaghetti, or yam. You can also use whichever part of cow meat you want. But the shaki, beef, and pomo will be used. Some people also like to put fry fish to give it that variant taste.
2 palm size pieces – pomo (Cow skin)
2 palm size pieces – shaki (tripe)
2 palm size of beef
8-10 pieces of Snails
2-3 maggi cubes
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon each of curry and thyme
1 teaspoon powdered pepper
1 large ripe plantain
Red, green and yellow bell peppers (1 of each)
1 medium onion
1 tablespoon suya spice mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large pot, combine beef, pomo, shaki and snails. Add seasoning cubes, salt, curry, thyme and powdered pepper. Add enough water to cover the meat. Stir to combine. Boil on medium-high heat until meat is tender (35-45 minutes).
2. Remove cooked meat from broth and set aside to cool. Save the broth for later.
3. Peel and cut plantain into strips. Fry until golden and set aside.
4. Cut the peppers and onions into thin strips and set aside.
5. Cut cooled cooked beef, pomo and shaki into strips. Cut the snails into bite size pieces.
6. In a blender, combine pepper/onion trimmings, meat broth, half the oil and suya spice. Blend until smooth and Set aside.
7. Place a large wok or frying pan on high heat. Add in left over oil and heat until almost smoking.
8. Add in pomo, shaki, beef and snails. Stir fry until meat begins to brown.
9. Add in chopped peppers and onions. Continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes
10. Add in fried plantains and blended suya sauce. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Simmer for 2 minutes.
And stir fry vegetable is ready to be served.
Goat meat jollof rice is a different twist to the party jollof rice we all know and love. Goat meat jollof rice adds that rich…
Fried rice comes with variety and egg fried rice sounds like the perfect dish to make for your significant other or even kickstart your long…
Rice is one of the most common food item consumed in Nigeria. Hardly will any home go a day without tasting rice especially with children.…
Caribbean rice is one of the most delicious recipes you can make with rice. Many people think the Caribbean rice is expensive to prepare since…
Yam is another staple food in Nigeria after almighty rice, beans and of course. The good thing is there are so many healthy and nutritious…