Frejon (Beans and Coconut milk Pudding) is a meal of Brazilian origins and the myth is that Nigerians who came back home from Brazil and were mostly Yoruba Catholics introduced it to us.
This unique Easter delicacy made with Beans, Coconut Milk, and some spices is usually eaten by a selection of Christians, mostly Yoruba Catholics. It is often eaten on Good Friday because dairy foods and meat are not supposed to be eaten on Good Friday.
-1/2 cup of BLACK beans (Brown beans can serve as an alternative)
-1 cup of coconut milk
-1/4 teaspoon of sugar
-1/4 teaspoon of ginger
-1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
-Salt to taste (optional)
How To Prepare
1. In a pot, place your washed beans and bring to boil on medium heat. Add 3 cups of water to the beans so it boils till it’s very soft, almost a mushy texture.
2. After it cools down a little, transfer it into a food processor. Blend with half of the coconut milk until smooth then run it through an iron mesh sieve.
3. Pour the mixture back in the pot and place it on the stove.
4. Stir in the remaining coconut milk, along with the sugar, pepper, and some salt to taste. (Do not over-season. You want to be able to taste the coconut flavour).
5. Season with sugar, seasoning cube, ginger and garlic.
6. Cook slowly on low heat and make sure to stir the pudding occasionally while it is cooking in order to prevent it from burning and forming lumps.
7. When the soup reaches your desired consistency, set aside and serve with fish stew and garri.
Goat meat jollof rice is a different twist to the party jollof rice we all know and love. Goat meat jollof rice adds that rich…
Did you know what you drink is as important as what you eat? A lot of women are lovers of sugary, carbonated drinks that cause…
Meat Pie is moist, yummy and has minced meat, potato and carrot filling. The filling is usually adequately seasoned and gives the meat pie its…
Ever heard of Achu Soup, well your guess is as good as mine if you are a Nigerian. Well, A Cameroonian Nutritional and Biochemist, Dr.…
Want to try a new recipe this week? A local delicacy would be the perfect recipe to try. Afiame soup is one the recipe we would…